The event highlighted the European cybersecurity stakeholder community the progress that is being made in harnessing European expertise and resources in the broader context of the proposed legislation relating to a European Cybersecurity Industrial, Technology and Research Competence Centre and a Network of National Coordination Centres.
The Cyber Competence Network, comprising the four pilots CyberSec4Europe, SPARTA, CONCORDIA and ECHO, organised a two-day concertation event from 9-11 December hosted online with the friendly support of the Representation of the State of Hessen to the EU.
The program consisted of an introductory evening session with welcome addresses from the four pilot coordinators followed by a high-level panel discussion. The next one and a half days provided each pilot the opportunity to demonstrate their achievements and results to date through videos, presentations, tools, panel discussions, and also featured a series of focus groups that showcased the cooperation between the pilots on certain related cybersecurity topics.
See also the two articles on the European Commission’s Newsroom:
- CONVERGENCE: Making The European Cybersecurity Competence Network A Reality
- CONVERGENCE: a must-attend for the cybersecurity stakeholder community!
The focus groups areas are:
- Cyber ranges
- Cybersecurity Atlas
- Threat intelligence in the financial sector
Wednesday, 9 December 2020
18:30 Welcome: Mark Weinmeister, Secretary of State for European Affairs of the State of Hessen
18:40 Welcome: Four pilot coordinators
19:00-20:30 Panel discussion
- Rasmus Andresen, Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur Cybersecurity Competence Network Centre Regulation
- Despina Spanou, Head of Cabinet of the Vice-President of the European Commission Margaritis Schinas
- Andreas Könen, Head of Department Cybersecurity and Information Security in the German Ministry of the Interior (for the German Presidency)
- Wojciech Wiewiórowski, European Data Protection Supervisor
- Miguel Gonzalez-Sancho, Head of Unit Cybersecurity Technology and Capacity Building, DG CONNECT, European Commission
Thursday, 10 December 2020
09:00 Introduction, Kai Rannenberg, CyberSec4Europe
Friday, 11 December 2020
12:00 Panel discussion: